My previous blog on scrubbing benefits must have made it clear to all why it is necessary to scrub your face and body. The market is full of various scrubs that promise you healthy and glowing skin. but who knows which product has what chemicals that can result into any disastrous side effects.
Hence it is always safe to rely on natural products. Make a scrub at home with simple and easy DIY recipes and get that glow in a natural way.
Here are some more tips to make homemade scrubs:
- Make a nourishing scrub by mixing one spoon crushed almonds with equal amount of honey and egg white. Leave it on your face for 15-20 minutes then gently scrub it off with milk or water.
- Mix half cup of dried and crushed lemon peel with cold milk or curd. Now scrub it on your face gently for 10-15 minutes and wash it off. If you have oily skin then mix oats with egg white and keep it on your face for 15 minutes. Later moisten it with water and gently scrub it off. This scrub is best to be used for both face and body.
- Blend crushed almonds with curd to make a thick grainy past. Gently scrub your skin with it using circular movements. Wash off with water. You can use rice powder instead of almonds for oily skin.
- Make a Scrub made of dried mint leaves, sesame seeds and honey to give your skin an exceptional glow. Coarsely crush the sesame seeds and finely grind the dried mint leaves and blend them with honey before applying to your skin. The sun protective property of Sesame seeds soothes the sun-damaged skin and helps to remove tan and even your skin tone. Mint gives a stimulating effect and adds a subtle glow to your skin, whereas honey moisturizes the skin.
- Take ground dry orange and lemon peels, oatmeal and ground almonds (almond meal). Add a little olive oil and rose water. Apply on the skin and rub gently with circular movements. Then wash off with water.
- The best ever homemade body scrub is "Ubtan". It can be easily made at home by mixing wheat bran, gram flour and a pinch of turmeric with curd or milk cream. Apply it on your body and leave for 20 minutes before bathing. Ubtan not only gets rid of dead skin cells but also cleanses the skin making it smooth and soft.