DIYWaste to Haste attempt- Part 2. Today I will explain you how to make it. There are numerous ways of making fabric flowers. You can search online and you can find hoards of them.
This is a very easy technique and takes juts few minutes if you have everything ready with you. Firstly, you need to decide what kind of fabric you want to make a flower. It can be of any of any kind, light or thick fabric, whichever you prefer.
Here are the things that you will need.
- Fabric circles cut outs of desired shapes (minimum9 for one flower)
How to make fabric flower?
- Firstly cut out a small circle from the extra fabric for the flower’s base. This circle should be smaller than the circle taken for flower.
- Now take one of the circles cut to make flower and fold it into half. Now fold it as shown in the image.
- You will get a circular triangle. Now stitch this circle to the fabric base. Stitch four such circular triangle covering the base completely. This will be the first line of the flower.
- Now make similar circular triangles and stitch it over the joint of 2 circular triangles. Attach four triangles in the second line as well.
- Remember you don’t have to flatten them. You must keep the petals fluffy so that they look like a flower.
- Now place the last circle over these two layers and stitch the center part to the base. Now fluff the petals and see your flower is ready.
- Now you have to hide all the stitches on its back so. Take a fabric circle of the size similar to the base and stick it to the flower’s base using fabric glue. Let it dry.
|flower made with same pattern from crochet fabric|
Use these flowers as brooch for your favorite dress, hair bands, bags, Jackets and many more stuffs.