Lacto Calamine Classic: A review

It’s been quite a long time since I am using Lacto Calamine. The classic Pink one has been available since a long time. Now the product has two more variations, one for dry skin and one for oily skin that promises oil control for your skin.
I knew this product being used as a makeup base as it is tinted but I was asked to use Lacto Calamine by my family physician. I was getting rashes all over my body during summers and this worked well on them and since then I am using lacto calamine for my face and body. It also helps to soothe acne. Wonderful, isn’t it? And it is a reasonably priced product with so many uses.

I love this product to the core that I carry a small bottle of Lacto Calamine in my vanity bag all the time. Even if I miss out to carry my regular using bottle, this small pack is always with me. Today, I will be reviewing Lacto Calamine Classic.

Price:-

45 for 30 ml

Product Claims:- 

Discover skinsurance for Oily skin with Lacto Calamine Classic.
Enriched with goodness of kaolin and glycerin that keeps skin healthy, nourished and beautiful everyday
  • Removes excess oil from the skin
  • Exfoliates dead skin cells
  • Reduces acne and pimples
  • Clears dark spots and blemishes  

Directions to use:

Shake well before use

Must be used before 5 years from the date of manufacturing

Ingredient list:

Aqua, light Kaolin, castor oil, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Zinc carbonate, Emulsifiers, Preservatives, Perfumes and permitted colours

Packaging:

The product comes in a translucent bottle with dark navy blue color screw top. It comes in varied sizes hence you have the freedom to choose the size you want. The screw top has to be tightly closed in order to prevent leakage of the product. It is travel friendly and can be easily carried in bag. The 30 ml bottle can be slipped easily into your vanity bag and can be travelled anywhere. Lacto Calamine has thick consistency which doesn’t leak so easily and 30ml pack comes a long way since you requires only little amount of the product each time.

My experience of using Lacto Calamine Classic:

I totally love Lacto Calamine since the day I first used them. It has helped to reduce the soreness and itchy feeling of any boil or acne spot. Moreover, whenever I visit Mangalore, I am always attacked by mosquitoes. Hence I make it a point to carry Lacto Calamine on my Mangalore trip as it reduces the swelling caused by mosquito bites within a day. Great isn’t it. It also helps to control the production of oil on my face on hot sunny afternoons.

Lacto Calamine Classic contains glycerin and castor oil. Both these elements are known to reduce acne and acne spots. But so far I haven’t seen any of my spots vanishing after using Lacto calamine, neither does it prevents acne. It just soothes any fresh acne and prevents them from getting worse that’s it.

Lacto Calamine Classic has a soothing fragrance which lingers around for some time after application. However, after an hour or so, the fragrance fades out, which is not a concern for me.
The light peach color somewhat thick texture of Lacto calamine classic works as a tinted moisturizer. It blends on to your skin evenly and easily without leaving behind and trails or marks. You will notice a matty glow on your face immediately after application. People with dark wheatish or dark skin tone must avoid using Lacto Clamine as it can leave behind a whitish cast on your skin. even if you prefer using it then use it as night cream as it helps to prevent the oiliness of your skin after regular usage.  

It is also known to offer protection from the sun, however the SPF is not mentioned in anywhere in the pack.   

Swatches:          


After slight blending
After completely blending

Yays of Lacto Calamine Classic:

  • Non greasy moisturizer
  • Excellent product for oily skin
  • Soothes rashes and boils
  • Smoothly absorbs into your skin
  • Prevents oily look on your skin
  • Priced reasonably

Nays of Lacto Calamine Classic:

I just have one con which is as such not a big deal for me. As claimed the product doesn’t work in reducing acne spots other then soothing the inflammation.

Would I buy Lacto Calamine Classic again?

Obviously, I have been using this product for years and will use it even in future. A must have product for oily skinned beauties; Lacto Calamine helps to reduces the oil secretion on your skin.  
You have just read the article entitled Lacto Calamine Classic: A review. Please read the article from Health Tips And Alert About , , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://purefashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/01/lacto-calamine-classic-review.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment